Processing of personal data
We consider ensuring the right to personal data protection as a fundamental commitment, so we will dedicate all the resources and efforts to process your data in full compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR “), as well as any other applicable legislation on the Romanian territory. Since one of the core principles of this legal framework is transparency, we have prepared this document through which we want to inform you about how we collect, use, transfer and protect your personal data when interacting with us about products and services including through our website.
Who we are and how you can contact us
www.visualedge.ro is the trade name of VISUAL EDGE S.R.L. a legal entity of Romanian nationality, having the headquarters of General Dragalina Boulevard, 23, Arad. For the purpose of data protection law, we are an operator when we process your personal data.
You can contact us at +40 740 950 169, or by e-mail at [email protected]
What is the processing of personal data and what kind of personal data we process
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on personal data sets with or without the use of automated means such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or modifying, extraction, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
www.visualedge.ro collects the following data:
– identification data: name, surname, email address, phone number;
– e-mail with the clients;
– cookies (Google Analytics cookies: _ga and _gid that are used to identify users, Facebook pixels).
What are cookies and how are they used?
Cookies are small files, generally composed of a string, or portions of a file, which when accessing a site are saved in the browser used by your computer, phone, tablet, or any other device who access the site on-line. Upon each subsequent access to the site, the browser used sends this file to the server of that site in order to identify a visitor who has returned to the site.
When a person visits the site as a visitor, a cookie is sent to his or her internet browser and saved to the computer’s hard drive, but it can block cookies by changing its browser settings.
Cookies can store personal information (for example, visitor ID, custom preferences, or a history of visited pages). This information is not generated by cookies, but by the visitor when he completes forms online, signs on the site, uses electronic payment systems, etc. Although cookies are stored in the computer’s memory, phone, tablet, or any other device used to access a site, cookies can not access or read other information stored on that device.
Cookies are not viruses, they are not compiled as code and can not be executed. Consequently, they can not self-copy, they can not spread to other networks to generate certain actions, and can not be used to spread viruses.
Depending on the duration, cookies may be session cookies or permanent cookies. Session cookies have a temporary storage duration, limited only to the length of the session in which a particular visitor visits the site. At the closing session or browser, all information stored is deleted. Permanent cookies are stored in the device used by the visitor and are not deleted when the session or browser is closed.
Disabling cookie acceptance may result in the failure to access some of the most important sections of the site. For this reason, it is advisable to accept cookies belonging to sites you trust. At any time, you may want to delete the cookies stored in the device you are using by going to the “Settings” / “Safety” section, the “Browsing History” subsection in the browser menu depending on the browser used).
For what purposes does www.visualedge.ro process personal data?
The purposes for which www.visualedge.ro processes personal data are:
– performing economic, financial and / or administrative management activities in www.visualedge.ro;
– centralizing operations and maintaining an internal database in which the information about the data subjects is stored, in order to be used by the departments and structures www.visualedge.ro. in their activities;
– providing support services for the Customer / person’s requests (eg updating some of the identification data, solving complaints, complaints and petitions), both in the physical locations of www.visualedge.ro, and through the means of communication (phone / email / post);
– analyzing the behavior of the Customer / any person accessing the website by using cookies, both from www.visualedge.ro, and from third parties, in order to provide a general or customized content tailored to the interests of the users;
– performing internal analyzes (including statistical analyzes);
– solving disputes, investigations or any other petitions / complaints / requests to which www.visualedge.ro;
– for the fulfillment of the legal obligations (drawing up the salary documents, reporting to the public institutions entitled).
On what grounds does www.visualedge.ro process personal data?
www.visualedge.ro processes personal data for the purposes mentioned above, based on the following grounds:
– based on Customer’s explicit consent;
– based on a legal obligation under www.visualedge.ro (eg, to identify and prevent fraud);
– based on the legitimate interest of www.visualedge.ro (eg centralizing operations, running an internal database, performing current operations for the development of activities, developing and improving services, ensuring a high level of security at the level of information systems, as well as and physical locations, especially with regard to discovering and minimizing the risks that may affect www.visualedge.ro).
Who we send your personal data to
As the case may be, we may transmit or provide access to certain personal data of you to the following categories of recipients:
– IT service providers;
If we have a legal obligation or if it is necessary to protect our legitimate interest, we can also disclose certain personal data to public authorities.
We ensure that access to your data by third-party private law entities is done in accordance with the legal provisions on data protection and confidentiality of information, based on contracts concluded with them.
What are the consequences of refusing to communicate personal data?
The processing of personal data requested by www.visualedge.ro through forms / other communication channels is obligatory, unless the processing is based only on the Customer’s agreement. In this case, the Customer will be informed that the provision of the data or the agreement is optional. In other cases, the refusal will result in the impossibility of providing services by www.visualedge.ro.
What rights do you have
The General Data Protection Regulation will recognize a series of rights with respect to your personal data. You may request access to your data, correct any mistakes in our files, and / or you may oppose the processing of your personal data. You can also exercise the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority or to address the court. As the case may be, you also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data, the right to restrict your data processing and the right to data portability.
In order to exercise your rights, you can contact us using the contact details listed above. Please note the following if you wish to exercise these rights:
We take seriously the confidentiality of all records that contain personal data. For this reason, please send us your requests regarding such records using the email address of your www.visualedge.ro account. Otherwise, we reserve the right to verify your identity by requesting additional information to confirm your identity.
Rights of third parties
We do not have to respect an application if it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other targeted persons.
You can ask:
- to confirm whether we process your personal data;
- to provide you with a copy of these data;
- to provide other information about your personal data, such as data we have, what we use, who we divulge, whether we transfer them abroad, and how we protect them, how long we keep them, what rights you have, how can you make a complaint from where we obtained your data, to the extent that the information has not already been provided by this information.
You may ask us to rectify or complete your inaccurate or incomplete personal data. It is possible to try to verify the accuracy of the data before correcting it.
You may ask us to delete your personal data, but only if:
- they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (if the data processing is based on consent); or
- you give a legal right to oppose you; or
- these have been illegally processed; or
- we have a legal obligation to do so.
We have no obligation to comply with your request to delete your personal data if processing of your personal data is required:
- to comply with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of a right in court.
There are certain other circumstances in which we are not obliged to respect your request for data deletion, although these are the most likely circumstances in which we may refuse this request.
Restriction of data processing
You may ask us to restrict the processing of personal data, but only if:
- their accuracy is contested (see rectification section) to allow us to verify their accuracy; or
- processing is illegal, but you do not want the data to be deleted; or
- they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, but you need them to find, exercise or defend a right in court; or
- you have exercised the right to oppose you, and checking whether our rights prevail is underway.
We may continue to use your personal data following a restriction request if:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or secure the defense of a right in court; or
- to protect the rights of www.visualedge.ro or of any other natural or legal person.
You may ask us to provide your personal data in a structured format that is currently used and can be read automatically, or you may request that it be “ported” directly to another data operator, but in each case only if:
- processing is based on your consent or the conclusion or performance of a contract with you; and
- processing is done by automatic means.
You may oppose at any time, for reasons related to your particular circumstances, the processing of your personal data on our legitimate interest, if you believe that your fundamental rights and freedoms prevail over this interest.
You can also oppose processing of your data at any time for direct marketing purposes (including creating profiles), without invoking any reason, in which case we will cease processing as soon as possible.
Making automated decisions
You can ask to not make the object of a decision based solely on automated processing, but only when that decision:
- produces legal effects with respect to you; or
- will otherwise affect you to a similar extent and to a significant extent.
This right does not apply if the decision made following automatic decision-making:
- we are required to conclude or run a contract with you;
- is authorized by law and there are appropriate safeguards for your rights and freedoms; or
- is based on your explicit consent.
You have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data. In Romania, the contact data of the data protection supervisor is as follows:
National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing
B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru nr. 28-30, Sector 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, Romania
Phone: +40.318.059.211 or +40.318.059.212;
E-mail: [email protected]
Without prejudice to your right to contact the Surveillance Supervisor at any time, please contact us in advance, and we promise that we will make every effort to resolve any issues amicably.